Friday, February 11, 2011

Getting ready for school

The beginning of the new school year is the time to get off to a fresh start for the year. In Samoa, this also means that the students get to clean the bathrooms, sweep the classrooms, and pull everything out of storage. At my school, that also means some of the walls dividing the classrooms. Pictures!
The road you walk up to get to my school. Kinda feels like walking through a jungle


The only work the students didn't do - the men from the village cut the grass



Of course little boys love playing in mud





Felise is the son of the mayor of my village. He lives across the street from me, so we walk to school together. Sometimes he buys me cookies


Edwin lives next door to me. He has sass. This can turn into attitude in the classroom






Assemblies on Monday and Friday

Year 7, my class!

1 comment: