Friday, March 25, 2011

Gotcha!

One of the girls in group 82 always says “you got me again!” whenever things go according to fa’a Samoa instead of plan. For example, waiting an extra half hour for a ride to pick you up. Or walking into three government buildings before you find the office you were looking for because the people you asked didn’t actually work in the building. Things like that.

Well, I am going to have to retract my previous blog because Samoa got me again. EFKS pastors have 5 year terms, and at the end of the 5 years, they go “on sabbatical,” which, from what I hear, is an annual meeting of sorts for all the EFKS pastors in Samoa. (The meeting is every year, but it’s the 5th year that counts.) When a pastor’s term is up, his village votes on whether or not they want the pastor to return to the village while they are on sabbatical. This meeting occurs sometime in May. So check my blog again in 6 months to see what my living situation is like - it may or may not be the same.

I learned this 2 days after posting my last blog, so this blog ideally would have been posted then as well, but lack of internet prevented me from broadcasting the irony sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment