Thursday, November 15, 2012

Favorite Pictures

Preparing to finish Peace Corps requires a lot of preparation and planning, at least if you’re me. I want to give pictures to some of the families in my village, so the other day I went through EVERY SINGLE PICTURE I have ever taken in Peace Corps. I have them all saved on my computer according to the month they were taken. Some months didn’t have enough pictures, so they were combined, so I don’t have exactly 25 folders of Peace Corps pictures, but pretty darn close. As I was looking through them, I remembered all kinds of things that seemed to momentous at the time, but have actually almost entirely faded away now that I’m looking back. Staying with my neighbors in town the night before their brother’s wedding. Making koko Samoa every afternoon when the falekomiti was being built. Running away from little fishies when my sister came to visit. So much has happened, it’s unbelievable. I never thought I would forget a single second of my time here, but I’ve forgotten quite a bit.

Anyway, I found a lot of pictures that I loved that I had also forgotten about. I tried to pick one from each month (again, not quite 25) that was my “favorite” of the month. Mostly, it’s the moment caught in the picture that I love, whether it’s the silly pose or the scenic view. From an outside perspective, it’s hard to tie most of these pictures to a specific event, but I remember exactly what was happening in each one of them.

If the uploading worked correctly, they should be in chronological order.





















No comments:

Post a Comment